Sustainability Series speakers discuss a range of environmental, social, and economic topics at these events, sponsored or co-sponsored by the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation.
- Senior Scientist and Director of Research, Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences
- Associate Scientist, Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences
Join us for a series of special seminars offered by scientists from the Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences, a marine-research and educational nonprofit.
Tuesday, January 18, 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
Virtual and in-person at ISTB-7, 777 E University, Rm 360
Oceans of Change: The Twin Problems of Carbon Dioxide and Acidification
- Manager of Community Resilience & Group Recovery Manager, Wellington Region Emergency Management Office, New Zealand
Join us for a virtual discussion with community-resilience expert Dan Neely, facilitated by Youth Council Coordinator Tye Waggoner and Community Resilience Coordinator Marcus Donaldson from the CIty of Tempe's Office of Sustainability and Resilience.
Nearly 10 years in the making, Neely's community-resilience model has transformed Wellington's Emergency Management's relationships with...
- Adjunct Faculty, School of Sustainability, College of Global Futures
Phil Allsopp's diverse career in the UK and US has spanned government service (office of the US Surgeon General) and the fields of architecture, public health, geospatial systems, and management consulting.
In this talk, Allsopp will discuss the prevailing supply chains and fragmented business processes typical of urban...
- Urban Planner & Community Activist, Place It!
- Urban and Landscape Designer, Prairie Form
For 20 years, James Rojas and John Kamp have been looking to art, creative expression, and storytelling to shake up the classic community meeting.
In their new book, Dream Play Build, they share their insights into building common ground and inviting active participation among diverse...