Global Locust Initiative – First International Conference
Launching the Global Locust Initiative at ASU: Identifying the Global Institutional Framework and Opportunities to Influence Policy Change in Locust Research and Management
The Launch Event:
Attendees will have the opportunity to meet and network with a diverse set of global stakeholders, share their research through talks and posters, engage early with an up and coming initiative, and help shape the objectives and direction of GLI.
- Morning: public outreach events, tours of our collaborative locust research facilities
- Afternoon: formal launch and introduction of GLI, welcome reception
Friday and Saturday:
- Participant talks and poster session
- Focused workshops to discuss ongoing projects and future opportunities for GLI
- Discussions to identify existing policies and institutional frameworks for locust and grasshopper research and management and potential gaps the GLI can fill.
- A draft of a scholarly review comparing the structure and function of organizations and institutions working in the locust/grasshopper space
- A draft policy brief directed toward influencers in the U.S.-based policy realm
The event is free to attend for all interested parties. Please use the link below to register for the days you are able attend. We will accept donations to offset travel costs for stakeholders traveling from the global south and for students. Please contact us for more information.
- ASU Corporate Rates for hotels are available to participants.
- Sky Harbor International Airport in Phoenix, AZ serves the Tempe area