The Whole Community: Emergency Preparedness and Response
- Regional Disaster Officer, American Red Cross; Chair of Arizona Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster
- Director of Emergency Preparedness for ASU; Former Emergency Management Coordinator, Town of Gilbert
- Director for the Maricopa County Department of Emergency Management
- Manager of Community Resilience and Group Recovery Manager, Wellington Region Emergency Management Office, New Zealand
Brian Gerber (moderator)
- Co-Director, ASU Center for Emergency Management and Homeland Security; Associate Professor at ASU's College of Public Service and Community Solutions
Join the Hazards and Disasters XChange Collaboratory for the first of three panel discussions on local emergency management across all phases – preparedness, response, recovery, and mitigation. Representatives from University, nonprofits, as well as municipal and county governments, will discuss best practices for building a culture of preparedness and response.
A light lunch will be served.
This series is co-sponsored by the Sustainable Cities Network and The Center for Emergency Management and Homeland Security.
To watch this lecture remotely, please use this Zoom link at the time of the event.
12:00 - 1:30 p.m.