Growing Cooperative Businesses in Arizona
The Sustainable Local Food Economies and Enterprises Lab is hosting a workshop with the Arizona Cooperative Initiative to bring together groups and individuals who are either already involved in cooperative businesses in Arizona or interested in getting involved. The event consists of panel discussions and a participatory workshop, and will highlight new opportunities for cooperatives, get people excited about cooperatives, and build a network to support efforts to develop and operate cooperatives in Arizona. The event is a first step toward creating an inclusive, broad-based, statewide cooperative community.
- Cindy Gentry, Board Member, Sun Produce Cooperative
- Pam Chandler, General Manager, Sierra Vista Food Cooperative
- James Pipper, Lead Economic Development Officer, Arizona District Office, U.S. Small Business Administration
- Kimber Lanning, Founder, Local First Arizona
- Arnim Wiek, Associate Professor, Arizona State University
- Amy Bird, Senior Manager, Social Enterprise Lending, RSF Social Finance
In addition, an information session on a startup project for a cooperative bakery will follow the main workshop event. If interested in attending either the main event or follow-on session, please email Nigel Forrest email@example.com.
This event is co-sponsored by the Global Consortium for Sustainability Outcomes and Arizona Cooperative Initiative, with support from Local First Arizona, Gateway Community College, and the Fair Trade Cafe.
9:00 a.m. Registration
9:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Workshop
2:30 - 3:30 p.m. Bakery Cooperative Information Session