Associate Professor, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, New College
Social and Behavioral Sciences
Arizona State University, West campus
PO Box 37100
Phoenix, AZ 85069-7100
- Senior Global Futures Scientist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory
- Associate Professor, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences, New College
- Founding Director, Law and Behiavoral Sciences Group, School of Social and Behavioral Sciences
Nick Schweitzer is the founding director of the Arizona State University Law and Behavioral Science group and an associate professor in ASU's School of Social and Behavioral Sciences. His research focuses on how scientific information (e.g., medical experiments, psychological evaluations, forensic evidence, neuroscience, machine learning) is understood and used by decision makers, particularly in the legal system. In addition to his primary academic appointment, Dr. Schweitzer is a faculty fellow in the Center for Law, Science, and Innovation at ASU's Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, a fellow of the Lincoln Center for Applied Ethics, and an affiliated faculty member in ASU's School for the Future of Innovation in Society.
Schweitzer’s research has been published in both law and psychology journals, and his work has been cited by the National Academy of Sciences and various U.S. federal and state courts. His research has been funded by the National Science Foundation, the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, and the American Psychology-Law Society.
- PhD, Arizona State University, 2008
- MA, Arizona State University, 2004
- BA, St. Norbert College, 2001