- Senior Global Futures Scientist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory
- Professor, School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
- Director, TOMNET - a Tier 1 USDOT University Transportation Center
Dr. Pendyala teaches and conducts research in multimodal transportation systems planning and engineering, with a focus on forecasting activity-travel demand and modeling traveler behavior and values. He has published over 200 articles in journals, books, and proceedings, completed more than $7 million in sponsored research, and holds leadership positions in professional associations such as the Transportation Research Board and American Society of Civil Engineers.
- PhD, University of California-Davis, 1992
- MS, University of California-Davis, 1990
- BTech, Indian Institute of Technology-Madras, 1988