Post Trip

rachel-hudgens

Post Trip

I traveled to Thailand with two other people. We spent three nights in Bangkok and four nights in Phuket. In total, I was gone May 14th to June 14th. I loved the freedom of traveling and experiencing other cultures. I sincerely believe that traveling is the easiest and most meaningful way to become a globally conscious citizen.

Nepal_Rachel H_selfie
My flight home took a lot out of me. I got sick on the first leg of the trip. This was the flight from Phuket to Abu Dhabi. When we landed, I struggled to get through US customs pre-clearance. I then spent four hours in the bathroom throwing up. Luckily, I was able to get over the worst of it while on the ground. The flight from Abu Dhabi to Chicago was uncomfortable, but I was able to sleep through a majority of it.

Reflecting on my trip I feel extremely grateful for all of those that helped make this trip a possibility. I was able to practice a type of applied systems thinking that allowed me to think through the livelihood opportunities. Ultimately, the most important take away for me was the friendships and memories I was able to make.