Spain/Morocco: The Pre-Departure

Spain/Morocco: The Pre-Departure

By Omone’ Abu

It’s a couple days before the long flight to Morocco/Spain and I couldn’t be more thrilled. After the long months waiting for this 3 weeklong journey, I am only a few days away before this new chapter in my life begins. Though I am excited, I do have mixed feelings of anxiousness and delight. I have been researching what its like in Morocco and Spain, but I fully won’t know what to expect until I arrive and diverge myself into the cities and towns that I will be visiting. I am worried that it could be a lot to take in and that I might get overwhelmed with all the cultural differences. But I know in the end that I will have the time of my life and will never forget it. Since sustainable energy is my passion, I cannot wait to visit the numerous solar power plants in person with my own eyes and not by plainly looking at the picture online. I am grateful that my study abroad group will be attending meetings with solar energy businesses, therefore having the opportunity to ask them questions about their companies. There are lots to learn about solar energy and I am thrilled to have the chance to take it all in! One cultural experience that I want to try is definitely riding the camels through the desert. I mean how many people can say they have done that in their lifetime? There is so much I want to experience during my time in Spain and Morocco and I hope I have time to do it all!