- Faculty associate at Arizona State University’s School for the Future of Innovation in Society
Andrew Dana Hudson
- Speculative fiction writer and sustainability researcher
Elizabeth Monoian and Robert Ferry
- Founding co-directors of the Land Art Generator
- Editor and program manager for the Center for Science and the Imagination at Arizona State University
- Director of ASU’s Center for Energy & Society
In "The City in History," Lewis Mumford argued that “The chief function of the city is to convert power into form, energy into culture, dead matter into the living symbols of art, biological reproduction into social creativity.” Yet, when we imagine the post-carbon city, we often focus solely on the...
Join ASU Project Cities, along with leaders from the City of Peoria and Town of Clarkdale, for our Spring 2021 Project Showcases. Students will present their key project findings and answer questions in a virtual Q&A poster session.
City of Peoria Showcase
Wednesday, April 14, 2021
8:50 a.m. - 1:00 p.m...
Join Greenlight Solutions Foundation for their biggest event of the year!
Student-led project teams will present their sustainability projects, showcasing their hard work and the sustainable solutions implemented this semester:
Hear from our Student Chapter Leadership Team, Keynote...
- Associate Professor, Department of Psychology; Lincoln Professor, Lincoln Center for Applied Ethics
- Professor & Associate Dean for Curricula and Student Success, College of Global Futures, ASU
Podcasts are an effective, engaging way to engage audiences on timely scientific issues. Join two ASU Sustainability Scientists for a robust discussion on their popular podcasts aimed at increasing public engagement on science topics.
Among other roles at ASU, Athena Aktipis directs the Interdisciplinary Cooperation Initiative. She...
The IASC 2021 Conference: Commoning the Anthropocene virtual conference aims to bring together scholars and practitioners interested in the role that the exercise of common property systems to land use and other shared resources (commoning) will play in the Anthropocene.
Topics include: conceptualizing commons across multiple scales; commoning in...
- Editor and Program Manager for the Center for Science and the Imagination
ASU's Center for Science and the Imagination is behind the podcast "The Imagination Desk." Host Joey Eschrich chats with artists, scholars, scientists, and technologists about what inspires them and how they define and use imagination in their work. For this Digital Brown Bag we ask our participants to listen to...
Honor Earth Day and join us to learn about the challenging, rewarding. and inspirational moments of Peace Corps service from a panel of returned Peace Corps volunteers. Ask questions about serving in the Peace Corps and gain tips to guide you through the application process.
Want to learn more about the...
- Parsons Professor of Digital Innovation at the University of Baltimore & Director of the Center for Digital Communication Commerce and Culture
- Professor at Arizona State University & Director of the Society Policy Engineering Collective (SPEC)
- Social techpreneur (technology-focused social entrepreneur)
The 2021 cohort of the Innovation in Global Development PhD program at Arizona State University’s School for the Future of Innovation in Society invites you to the Development Reimagined Talk Series centered on Information and Communications Technologies (ICT) for Inclusive Development. Our focus is on how technological change functions in...
Jessica Swann, ETX Center
- Program Manager, Digital Teaching Networks
Sina Kirk, ETX Center
- Education Outreach Coordinator, NASA Infiniscope
Enable student agency, personalize learning, and curate your online learning catalog with your own Virtual Field Trip (VFT). This event will explore virtual tours for environmental storytelling using Infiniscope. A NASA-funded project created by ASU’s School of Earth and Space Exploration, Infiniscope designs standards-based digital-learning experiences that immerse...
- Associate Dean of Faculty Success and Strategic Partnerships, College of Global Futures; Associate Director and Professor of Management and Public Policy, School of Sustainability
Does the public sector hold the key to a low-carbon and sustainable, planet-healthy economy?
Federal government purchases account for nearly one-quarter of the US GDP; state and local governments account for billions more. By favoring low-carbon and sustainable choices in buildings, vehicles, energy, and other purchases, the public sector can lead...
Join us for a special Earth Day celebration as we launch a new symposium series that explores topics of the moment and impacts made through the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Futures Laboratory
This event will feature a conversation among three internationally recognized, globally oriented scientists:
- Peter Schlosser, Vice President and...
- Regents Professor of English; Director, Arizona Center for Medieval & Renaissance Studies, ASU
Steven Beschloss, Moderator
- Professor of Practice, Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, ASU
Join us at this special Changing Hands Bookstore event with Ayanna Thompson. Thompson is a scholar of Shakespeare, race, and performance and is the author of many books including Passing Strange: Shakespeare, Race, and Contemporary America and her most recent book, Blackface.
Why are there so many examples of...
- Assistant Research Professor, School of Complex Adaptive Systems, College of Global Futures, ASU
This Making Sense of Complexity talk, hosted by the new School of Complex Adaptive Systems in the College of Global Futures, features Bryan Daniels with the ASU-SFI Center for Biosocial Complex Systems, a joint venture between ASU and the Santa Fe...
Join us for the College of Global Futures Student Showcase!
This Student Showcase features undergraduate and graduate research, including applied projects, internships, theses and dissertations. The Showcase will include student’s work from the College of Global Futures.
Students interested in participating and presenting their work can visit the Student Showcase webpage...
The American Lung Association is soon to release its 22nd Annual State of the Air Report that assesses air quality across the US. In the past, the Phoenix metro area has ranked 7th in the nation.
Join us for a virtual screening of Unbreathable, a 30-minute film that weaves historical...