Ecuador: Bienvenidos!

image9

Ecuador: Bienvenidos!

Just wanted to give a little update of the trip so far while I have some Internet! We have been traveling through Quito all day.

We started the day at the middle of the world…literally! We adventured around the equator, picked wild flowers, and did yoga on the equator. The city is incredible: all of the graffiti is so political, the amount of Spanish spoken is overwhelming, and the people are so happy. The wind is the most beautiful feeling when it touches your skin, it was the perfect degree all day long. Next we explored the historical district and got to see the presidents palace! We bought ice cream and laid in the grass just soaking in some rays in la plaza de independencia. After an amazing introduction to the local food we finally got back in the bus and started our drive to Ambato! The whole drive we were met with breathtaking views of an active volcano and sky filling sunset. Before I crash from an exhausting yet amazing two days of traveling I wanted to touch on some of the many firsts I have already experienced in this brilliant country. I ate my very first Ecuadorean banana this morning and it was more than perfect. Not having to peel off a sticker because it was so local filled my heart with a feeling of such joy I cannot even begin to describe it. I’m excited to further my research on bananas and their production but for now I just can’t wait to eat more of them! It’s crazy to think that I’m currently in a place that the rest of the world is buzzing about. While there is Graffiti all over the city about letting snowden into Ecuador the locals seem complacent and somewhat removed from the situation. We are meeting with the governor of Ambato tomorrow and I’m sure he would love to discuss the situation in detail! For now I’m enjoying a glass of wine and a side of fresh potatoes for dinner. Sending love and positive vibes from the middle of the world. Buenas noches!