Salute to Service: The Future of Energy
Felicia French (Moderator)
- US Army Veteran; MS in Sustainable Solutions
- US Navy Veteran; Energy and Sustainability Student; Student Outreach Ambassador, ASU's Pat Tillman Veterans Center
- US Marine Corps Veteran; Sustainability | Business Development, ASU LightWorks
- US Marine Corps Veteran; Marine Corps Installation Modernization Liaison, Energetics Technology Center
Join us at this virtual "Salute to Service" event, celebrating ASU students and alumni who have served in the military and serve us admirably during the COVID pandemic
At 12:50 p.m., Chris Boone, dean of the College of Global Futures, will present the College's first-ever "Salute to Service Awards" to:
- Colonel Mindy Kimball (PhD 2014, School of Sustainability), associate professor at the US Military Academy at West Point and
- Jason George, undergraduate student in the School for the Future of Innovation in Society and front-line grocery store worker.
At 1:00 p.m., veterans (and ASU alumni) who now work in the energy sector will discuss trends and trajectories in the future of energy. You will hear the perspective of a student veteran and alumni engaged with Department of Defense research projects on microgrid design and infrastructure resilience, future energy systems, economy-wide decarbonization, and energy policy.
Learn about ASU Salute to Service events (November 5 - 9) HERE and join the Gin Blossoms VIrtual Concert on November 8th at 7 p.m.!
12:50 to 2:00 p.m. MST